I’ve tested 70+ services to pick out the ones that work without the speed drop and leaks in Ethiopia. I’ve used the VPN spiral method during my tests.
Well, here’s what you’ll find out after reading over this article:
- Everything you need to know about restrictions in Ethiopia
- Best VPN apps that work in the country in 2020
- Functions a good VPN performs
- The full truth about free VPNs
5 best VPNs for Ethiopia:
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Ethiopia with unlimited bandwidth and military-grade encryption.
- Surfshark: Good VPN provider for Ethiopia with strict no-logs policy and extra security functions.
- NordVPN: Robust VPN with fast speeds and 24/7 customer service for all platforms.
- CyberGhost VPN: Not expensive provider with access to over 6400 servers worldwide.
- Mullvad VPN: The provider has 660+ servers, AES 256-bit ciphering, and 2 reliable protocols for your data protection.
Recommendation: While choosing a VPN for Ethiopia, pay attention to their protocols, methods of data encryption, security features (e.g. kill switch), and test results. It’s recommended to make use of a VPN free trial period before paying for a long-term plan and check if it suits you.
What’s the reason to use a VPN in Ethiopia?
In the lead up to the May 2015 elections the increased number of critical news and oppositional websites were blocked.
Six bloggers were arrested and charged with terrorism when two of them were unexpectedly released.
A university political science teacher who is known for his Facebook activism was arrested and sentenced with terrorism too. Besides, the Ethiopian diaspora of journalists was attacked with surveillance malware from hacking team.